Good grief two posts in one day. Whatever has come over me…..vbg.
The Home Circle quilt is quilted – at last. It seemed to take forever when I started it, but the last few rows went very quickly. Who knows why that happens.
I used mens shirts from the op shop as much as possible. The brown coloured block (bottom left) was a fat quarter and there are another couple in there that are also from fat quarters. The light fabrics are all shirting however.
A close up of some really bad feather quilting. I hadn’t tried feathers before and found them interesting to say the least. I think next time I should really practice them in a straight line before I get carried away and try them in circles. It was fun though doing all those swoopy lines….roflmol.
This is very much a “utility quilt” designed to be serviceable and not for best which is why I experimented with the quilting. There are two rows of feathers in these blocks, then a row of “naive type” flowers then I just stuck to stipple stitch. Probably not the way the quilt police would like me to do it but I don’t care. I hate the idea of spending hours practice quilting. I would rather practice on a utility quilt and at least get another ufo finished. Now to do the binding which will probably take me more time than it did to sew the blocks together.