As it is sooooo cold and windy and raining I needed to look at something bright and colorful today so decided to post photos of the two table runners I have just made.
One is for my Mum’s Birthday which is on June 30th – so I have finished it just in time.
I used the brightest colours I could find with cream as the borders. To create the stems I zig zagged mint green wool along the curves – it was quick and easy.
The flowers and leaves were fused down with visoflex and then zig zagged around as well.
Because I cut so many squares and flowers and leaves I just had to make one for myself…..
I used my hand dyed fabric for the borders and several hand dyed peices in the squares.
I used chain stitch to create the stems on this table runner – it was fun but no where near as fast as using wool and the sewing machine. The flowers and leaves are fused down and zig zagged around.
Note the raw edges I still haven’t finished this table runner – Mum’s was a priority but it is on my list of things to do.
I have another confession to make. When I read the pattern it said to enlarge the “stems” by 200%. Now I read it wrong and enlarged the flowers and leaves as well. They should only be half the size, but to be honest I’m glad I made the mistake. I think they look better in the bigger size and were certainly a lot easier to sew around.