I have made some progress on my naked blocks – in particular Block 3 which is coming along very nicely.
Considering that I love the look of Edmar threads, and have quite a few (but never enough) in my collection, not to mention a book I purchased from ebay some time ago on Brazillian embroidery, I thought it high time I had a go at this form of embroidery. In the end it wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it might be, making sure my threads didn’t get twisted was about the hardest bit.
I have been working on the seams for a bit when the centre patch called for something a little different…..well ok a little different for me …and it seemed the ideal place for a textured bunch of flowers.
This is the end result of my first foray into Brazillian Embroidery and I’m very pleased with it. The flowers are done in Frost 006 and the bullion stitch buds in Glory 018. I used Iris 080 for the leaves and fly stitch branches while the smaller and finer branches were sewn in a fine variagated cotton – the name of which I don’t know. I used cream pearls for the flower centres.