I spent a couple of hours playing in my laundry yesterday creating silk paper from those silk tops I showed you last post. What fun it was and so incredibly easy – far easier than I thought it might be….grin and the results were amazing.
Two of the sheets I made. I’m hoping the bottom sheet can be machine quilted into respresenting screnery of some sort. I can sort of see mountains and sky – but that might just be me. The top piece I added red silk threads and some gold sparkly threads. The silk threads worked fine and “glued” themselves down nicely, I wish I could say the same for the gold threads. Like the peice below they will have to be sewn down.