I am progressing slowly on this block. It sat for so long as I really didn’t know what to do with it at all. A complete mental blank you might say.
This is it in it’s original form with the peacock being created.
The tail is lace that I hand dyed (one of my earliest attemps) and the body is padded with felt which I then satin stitched over in varigated hand dyded thread (stranded cotton) single strands.
This is where I am up to so far. Not a whole lot more to do – I used way to many fancy fabrics and am finding it difficult to make things stand out. Well it is one of my very early attempts at crazy patchwork. I find it amazing just how much my style has changed in the months since I originally made this block.
I added the hand dyed doiley to the bottom right corner. My eye kept slipping off the block and it needed something to stop it. See Sharon B’s lessons did play off – even a block as old as this can be salvaged by simply following paths and creating new points of interest.