It is truly amazing just how much I am acheiving today considering I was up half the night with Nicola who was ill. Her stomach decided to reject it’s contents, not once, but six times. I changed the entire bed twice and putting on loads of washing at 2.3o in the morning is not a pleasant past time. Nicola is feeling much better today thank goodness and eating nearly normally.
(Back in a moment – Nicola is working on her Crazy quilting block and Mum’s help is needed – instructions on Lazy Daisy stitch is needed).
Back again –
Just half an hours work was all that was needed and my house print was finished. Not doubt there is probably more I can do on it, but I am pleased with the final outcome.
I really like the roses climbing over the door way. It just seemed to finish the whole print off nicely. Must admit though I don’t think it is a terribly “water wise” garden as we are encouraged to grow these days, instead it is a very traditional cottage garden.
For those who missed the earlier posts – I used stranded threads, some dyed 4 ply wool and some fine crochet cotton. There are lots and lots of colonial knots, lasy daisy stitch, bullion stitch, fly stitch and feather stitch. Would you beleive I had to look up in my stitch dictionary the name of the last one. It is the one stitch I use more than anything else and I never remember the name of it.
I have anothe print I want to do, but haven’t printed it onto fabric as yet. Might wait awhile and get on with some other projects before I start something new.