I hope everyone had as good a Mother’s Day as I did. Breakfast in bed, then pressie galore. Slippers from James and a hankie, Floral Mugs from Nicola, Toffees from Elise on a wooden Nut bowl she had made at school and Ashley gave me a handmade (not by him though) wooden box that you put potatoes in the top and onions in the drawer at the bottom. I have been wanting one for ages but it has been on the “want” list not the “need” list. Lunch up at Mum’s then tea at our place – Mum came down for tea which is always take away for Mother’s Day. Unfortunately at 1 am in the morning I woke to hear Ashley telling Nicola she wasn’t to throw up on her bed again and to get into the toilet. Sigh – guess who had to clean up everything. Ashley is a wimp when someone is being sick. Lucky it happened after midnight wasn’t it. Officially it wasn’t Mother’s Day any more.
One of the advantages of Mother’s Day is that they all know to leave me in peace for a while so I was able to make a serious start on my print of that old house.
It seemed to take ages before I was bold enough to even thread a needle. Too worried about stuffing it up I guess. Still I have started and it is easier than I thought – although I may change my mind about that before the end.
The pins are holding it onto a frame I made some time ago. I can’t work with a hoop. It drives me nuts, but this frame I can use (not that I do all that often). I thought if the print wasn’t stretched a bit, then even though I’m pretty good at the tension, it would be pulled sadly out of shape.
Here is the back of the print and you can see the frame.
All it is is a peice of MDF cut out the size I wanted and with a hole cut in the middle. Batting wound around it then bias binding. I just stick the pins in right to their heads. I haven’t found that they pull out and they seem to tension it all ok.
The idea came from CQmagonline and the link to it is here. Worth a look and it is so easy to use and cheap to make.