Some slight progress. I am several days behind everyone else as I didn’t take this with me when we went away. Have visions of trying to choose buttons while bumping down some serious off road tracks and didn’t think it would be a good or successful combination.
I spent about an hour sorting out all my buttons (well the ones I could find) into containers in colour groupings. There were a lot more red and brown buttons than I thought I had and not as many white as perhaps there should have been. Still I will use up what is there before I begin another major stash enhancement exercise.
At this stage the buttons are only laid on the fabric. If I ever get off the computer today I will start stitching them on. The embroidery along the top left seam (teal fabric) is coming out – today!!! I didn’t like the buttons I put along there, I can’t stand the flowers and the whole thing is wrong. I have some really pretty pink ric rac which will replace it along with a motif of some sort (haven’t figured out just what yet) to fill in the corner.